Monday, July 7, 2008

FINALLY A START!



Okay, I am finally taking the plunge into starting this blog off. I have fretted over how to start it, when to find time to start it, and whether I will be able to keep it up correctly for too long now, which has fed into my self-doubt and added to my fretting. NO MORE! One of my biggest goals with this blog is self-realization. I finally filled up and organized my Flickr site and in looking at all of the pictures of my beautiful babies, I realized that it was helping me to forget about the frustration of the day and see how wonderful my life and my children really are. Now I have that same expectation for this blog. I believe that I need that constant reality-check to take me away from the hubbub of everyday existence and out into the broader picture. And that in turn makes me a better person, a more confident woman, and a stronger and more loving mother. Of course, now that I have realized this, I am forced to uphold myself to these new standards. This is the true reason for my hesitation in beginning this blog. Once you have a higher standard, you have the possibility of veering away from it and creating disappointment. But I have to conquer that fear and do something to better myself, so here it is... My betterment at hand.
So now for those who happen upon this blog and do not know me, I will start this off with a short blurb of me. I am a Christian, wife and mother of 3, first and foremost. My babes are Bella, 4 3/4, Kane, 3 (and 5 days), and Maxwell, now 6 1/2 months. All other details on that can and will come as needed. I am an artist, a free-lance writer, an amateur photographer, and a naturalist. At least that's what I think of myself. I am also the wife of a busy businessman who is only home on Sundays for right now, so if you will excuse me, I have some much needed Mama/Papa time to get to! Soon I will post pictures, especially of Kane's wonderful Dinosaur Birthday Bash that we hosted today. For now I leave you with my Three Shining Stars on this Independence Day, July 4th, 2008 - first as they are happy and smiling, second how they are when that inevitably starts to melt down...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome! And have fun!!

Jenny said...

yay leslie! that is why i love having a blog too---on tough days an 'outside' then inward glimpe at my life makes me realize how wonderful it is:-) i'm sure you will feel the same-and sometimes it is like a 'check' to remind me to keep relaxed and enjoy the little moments