Friday, October 31, 2008

Woah, October!!!

Where did you go? Today, your last day, the eve of November, is a sad day for me. I will miss you, sweet October. I will miss your warmth, your autumnal cool, the angle of your sun, your brilliant color, your crisp scent with the sound of your fallen leaves underfoot.

We will miss you, but we have used you to the fullest, with long afternoon walks, bike rides on the biking trail, hikes through your deciduous splendor, and much generally-dirty outside romping with wonderful friends.

And we gave you a grand send-off last night, with orange plastic pumpkins filled to the top, too heavy for the cold little hands of Fireworks and Spiderman to carry in the end, and Little Puppy snuggly wrapped up on Mama, fast asleep.


Glorious October, I hope that I have taken enough pictures of you to last me through the bleak, color-weak winter to come. I wish I could paint my ceiling clear October Blue and make my walls gleam with Maple, Sweet Gum, Sumac and Oak.

As I look back on the month, I realize I only completed two posts! Gasp! I apologize for my lack of blogger correspondence in this month. I will surely place the blame on my little men, since, between the two, from the time I put them to bed until the time I give up and retire with them, they have kept me jumping up out of my seat every half hour to get them back to sleep. And seeing as how after-bed-time is the time I use to jump into the web world, I must change my typical blogging time... So, I will now send off this post, full of overflowing love for all October has given us, and with wishes that you, too, have used its gifts to the fullest.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your fall photos Leslie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post Sis, love all these pics, but way does Kane only have one glove on in the park, I noticed this when looking at your flickr' site also. Call me tomorrow, Mom

Unknown said...

You did a great job on Bella's constume. And the photos are great as well. This is the first time I've seen the pics from out at my mom's house. Lol, Nan, he had that one glove on the whole time! I meant to ask when we first met up, but I forgot, and he never took it off!

NatureMama said...

Thanks, Jenny! And as for Kane and the glove... It is the only one that we could find (somehow made it inside and got washed), and he had to wear a glove just in case we found an old tree stump on our walk to dig through, so his hand wouldn't get dirty. The last walk we were digging through a stump and apparently he was worried about his hands getting dirty again...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting us straight on the glove thing, I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed it. Mom

mrs boo radley said...

I'm with you...I love October and miss it already...now in November the rains have come, and I love the rain too, but there is just something about October...

I always said I would try to have all my kids in October because I love it so much. That will take some thought.

You have some cuties, by the way!

Anonymous said...

I wish Bella would have been looking a little more to the camera, this would be a great shot for the top of your blog, Mom